Sunday, November 17, 2013

He Doesn't Believe In Luck (Part 6)

For some reason I rarely looked in his eyes as he told the rest of this story. I found myself watching his wife. Her eyes lit up when his did. They filled with tears when he shared stories of painful memories and long difficult months. She smiled in anticipation of his words of hope and funny stories they have both told a hundred times since this ordeal. She loved him deeply. I could tell.
We sat silently. Tears mixed with nervous laughter.
"I know it to be true. I have heard many stories just like it from
others." I said.

He looked at me and reminded me again "I don't believe in luck."
Just before we said our good-byes, he casually mentioned, "Oh, yes. In the middle of all of this we found out that my wife had cancer, too."- Written by Bob Perks at www.BobPerks.com. Used with permission.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?