Tuesday, November 12, 2013

He Doesn't Believe In Luck (Part 3)

It all started when I asked him what he did for a living. He replied "Nothing." His wife immediately reached for his hand and urged him to explain. I instantly had the feeling that our meeting was meant to be.
He obviously was unemployed and struggling with the new changes in his life, I thought. So I went into my story about losing my job and facing thoughts of suicide.

I said, " I can't believe how lucky we were to have both of you sit next to us tonight."
"I don't believe in luck!" he said. He then told me that he was a Commander in the Navy and recently was taken out of the one position he loved and assigned to a desk. He flew helicopters. He lead men and women in the air. "The finest."
I spoke to him about change and turning seemingly bad events into positive ones. "God has bigger plans for you!" I said.
- Written by Bob Perks at www.BobPerks.com. Used with permission.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?