Saturday, November 16, 2013

He Doesn't Believe In Luck (Part 5)

We talked over dinner, watched the show and then our new friends shared the rest of their story. Not only did their child have Ewings Sarcoma, but then after defeating that, she developed another similar cancer within a short time. He went on to share this story with us...
"I told you when we first met this evening that I don't believe in luck. I am a military man. A commander of helicopter pilots. I believe and trust only in what I see and know. When flying, I look at my meters, my controls, my equipment and trust what they tell me is accurate. But!", he pauses for a minute to gather his thoughts.
"My daughter needed a bone marrow transfer. I was with her alone the evening she came close to death. I held her hand as I sat by the side of her bed, never letting go. It was in that moment..." he stops. I can see how difficult this was to share. "It was that evening in the hospital as I held her hand and prayed to God to save her, that...I swear this to be true. Remember I told you that I was trained to believe in my instruments, the true readings they provide. I swear to you that as I prayed for her I felt a third hand. It was on top of mine as sure as my wife is holding my hand now. I believe it was God. I knew then that she would survive."
- Written by Bob Perks at www.BobPerks.com. Used with permission.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?