Sunday, November 10, 2013

He Doesn't Believe In Luck (Part 2)

I put on my finest Hawaiian shirt and Marianne was as beautiful as ever. We had already started our "It's our last night in paradise. I don't want to return to reality!" crying and moaning. So we were determined to wrap it all up in a big way.
I located Harold and asked him to show us to our seats. As promised, Harold came through again. Front row center. "There are four of you, right?" asked Harold. "No. Just the two of us." "Ok. Enjoy!"
This time we were at the end of a long banquet table. Within a few minutes Harold sat another couple next to us in the extra seats he mistakenly reserved.
"Hello. How are you?" the man asked as he turned to everyone seated. We all shook hands and made the necessary introductions. When he heard that a young couple at the other end of the table was from his area of the U.S. the conversation turned toward them and all of the things they had in common. I was Ok with that. This was our last night and I wanted to enjoy these final hours here with my wife. But before long the four of us became instant friends.
- Written by Bob Perks at www.BobPerks.com. Used with permission.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?