Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Greatest Treasure

I may not have
The smarts,
Good looks,
Riches or fame.
But
I have Jesus
And He knows
My name.
When I think about 
How he died
On a cross
For poor,
Wretched me,
I can only thank
And praise Him,
Abundantly.
So,
I may not
Have much
In this world
But that's ok.
There's a place
Called Heaven
Where I'll be
Someday.
Yes,
It's a place
That promises
Streets of gold,
Mansions,
And a crown
On my head.
The reward
Not for what
I've done
But for what
Jesus has done
Instead.
So,
I may pout,
Fuss,
Gripe
And moan.
Yes, 
For those things
I wish
I owned.
But none
Of that matters,
They will soon
Rust and fade.
The most
Important thing,
The greatest
Treasure
I have today,
Is my dear
Savior,
My blessed
hope
That can
Never
Be taken
Away!
- Joe Scot Schroeder

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?