Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Discoveries Of Fasting (Part 1)

I just finished a three day fast with some guidance from a book called, Fasting by Jentezen Franklin. I began with the thought of only doing it for one day, thinking that I wouldn’t last more than that. However, I continued and stretched it out for two more days with the only side effect being a minimal but constant headache. The book explains that the reason why fasting creates a headache is because the body is getting rid of toxins. Furthermore, the headaches seem to go almost completely away by the third day. I noticed that mine reduced in strength but did not totally go away. I didn’t experience deep-seated hunger pains but I did notice a natural preoccupation with food and various food advertisements. I noticed how much food is prevalent in our lives and how it is available everywhere. Philippians 3:19 NKJV confirms this: “Whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.” - JSS

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?