Tuesday, February 26, 2013

O Christ, Brand Me Deep!

Luke 23:4 NKJV
Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”And they divided His garments and cast lots.

Psalm 86:5 NKJV
For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

You and I are to be branded with the spirit of forgiveness. It will go deep, very deep. Never again will we retaliate or harbor resentment. That all belongs to a dead past.
O Christ, Brand me deep. I surrender all hurts, all resentment, all retaliation. I shall love everyone-friend and foe. Only by Your grace can I do this. From this point forward, let no hate trouble me: I bear your brand, amen.
-Taken from Abundant Living, pg. 319, by E. Stanley Jones, edited by Dean Merrill, Summerside Press. Used with permission.

Matthew 6:14-16 NKJV
"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?