Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Custom Made By God (Part 2)

God’s dealings with you and me are not a duplicate of His dealings with anyone else in time and space.  It is unique to me because I am unique.  There is no one else like me.  A person who wants to be something different from God’s purpose for him is like a cancer cell. We become like cancer cells in the body of Christ when we want to be like someone else and not what God wants us to be.  God deals with each child differently.  We do not trust Him when we ask that our experience duplicate someone else’s.  No one is inferior or unspiritual because his or her experience is not just like someone else’s.

Thank God that you are who you are. His resources have already been revealed in creating you.  "I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well" (Psalm 139:14).  Have you thanked God for making you just the way you are?   "My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them " (Psalm 139:15-16).

Message by Wil Pounds (c) 2006. http://www.abideinchrist.com

Used with permission.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?