Monday, March 25, 2013

Thank You Lord (A Prayer)


Job 12:10 NIV
In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. 

Dear Lord, my dad passed away on March 25, 2011 and although I’m confident that he is eternally in Your presence, I miss his presence here on earth. Thank you for allowing me to be there for his showing and his funeral. Thank you for sharing his loss with family, relatives and friends. It’s incredible how one life can impact so many people. Dad left not only great memories but a legacy that will remain for generations to come. I’m no longer crying or sorrowful as before. I think I needed to grieve as much as others needed to and I was given the opportunity. Thank You Lord for that. It means a great deal to me. As a few people have said, when someone that close to you dies it leaves a hole in your heart/life. I understand that now because dad was not someone distant from me. He was very close, very close to my heart. Thank You Lord for allowing me and others to move on, to find strength in you, and to have assurance that we will be with him in glory. Lord, I can only give You honor and praise. You are faithful! You are true! You understand our joys and sorrows. In Jesus’ name I give you love, honor and adoration, amen! - JSS

Job 33:4 NIV
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?