Friday, November 30, 2012

God Is With You

Genesis 21:22 NKJV
God is with you in all that you do.

If we truly consider the above statement to be as true for us as it was for Abraham, then I believe our day to day activities would radically change. It's a sobering thought. He is with us in all that we do; from the lowest common denominator of just sitting/standing and breathing to the most incredible grief that any of us can bare. Is He just standing idly by, watching us, twiddling His thumbs, wishing He was somewhere else? Is His presence marked by observation and curiosity? Or is He an active, vibrant, engaging God? Does He watch over us as a true "Father'? Do we feel that without His presence there would be no breath to even speak of or grief to even lament over?
Personally, I can only believe that He is with us at all times. He has provided not only Himself but also His Son, Jesus and the Holy Spirit as well. The Trinity can not and will not ever be seperated. His words and my experience dictate that He is constantly engaged in a Christian's life. His love is what sustains me and without it I would not exist. Furthermore, I must consider His presence in the bad as well as the good. When I sin, He is there! I must not forget that. He's not just there when I'm doing well or living righteously. Praise God that He sees the bigger picture of our lives; that He sees us as a whole, not just at those "micro moments" when we've turned away from Him or even have done an instant and short-lived "good". God is with us in all that we do...so we must do our all for Him. - JSS

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?