Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Afflictions

Extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trials of extraordinary graces. - Archbishop Leighton

Psalm 66:10 NIV84
For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver.


Psalm 60:11-12 NIV84
Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Whether it be in trials or temptations, we must turn them over to God to achieve victory. We cannot defeat them in our own strength. They must be totally released to Him. Laid upon the altar to be consumed in Christ's death and resurrection. - JSS

Psalm 65:3 NIV84
When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.

Psalm 55:16-18 NIV84
But I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and he hears my voice. He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me.

Great trials must have great faith. - JSS

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?