Friday, June 21, 2013

Instructions From A Father (Part 2)

Proverbs 1:8-10 NKJV
My son, hear the instruction of your father,
And do not forsake the law of your mother;
For they will be a graceful ornament on your head,
And chains about your neck.
My son, if sinners entice you,
Do not consent.

I like the fact that both parents are mentioned in the above passage. Both parents are needed in the process of teaching their children. Both parents are equally engaged. Furthermore, although not addressed directly, I believe the personality differences of both parties is allowed and plays a key role in teaching. In other words, a child who receives different perspectives of truth is better because of it. - JSS

Proverbs 3:11:12 NKJV
My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO JOE...

I HAVE FINALLY HAD A CHANCE TO COME READ ALL OF YOUR INSTRUCTIONS FROM A FATHER...CONVICTING, THOUGHT-PROVOKING, & STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART OF OUR LOVING FATHER IN HIS WORD...THANK YOU!!!

KEEP SHINING OUR JESUS!

ANONYMOUS!!

Joe Scot Schroeder said...

Thsnk you once again for your kind words Faith. (er, I mean "Anonymous". Lol)



Has Christianity Failed You?