Monday, April 8, 2013

Branded With The Spirit Of Forgiveness

Matthew 18:21-22 NIV
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

You and I are branded with the spirit of forgiveness. It will go deep, very deep. Never again will we retaliate or harbor resentment. That all belongs to a dead past.
O Christ, brand me deep. I surrender all hurts, all resentment, all retaliation. I shall love everyone-friend and foe. Only by your grace can I do this. From this point forward, let no hate trouble me: I bear your brand, amen.
Taken from Abundant Living, pg. 319, by E. Stanley Jones, edited by Dean Merrill, Summerside Press. Used with permission.

Luke 23:34 NIV
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMENNNNNNN JOE...FORGIVENESS SETS THE CAPTIVE FREE...AND THE CAPTIVE IS NOT THOSE WHO HURT US NOR OUR PAST....THE CAPTIVE IS US!!!


JESUS BLESS YOU!!!

FAITH=ANONYMOUS

Joe Scot Schroeder said...

Amen! Forgiveness is not easy but it is necessary and is one of the main diffetences between us and the rest of God's creation. It is an expression of sincere and lasting love that must be practiced and perfected.
Thanks for your comment, Faith!

Joe Scot Schroeder said...

Amen! Forgiveness is not easy but it is necessary and is one of the main diffetences between us and the rest of God's creation. It is an expression of sincere and lasting love that must be practiced and perfected.
Thanks for your comment, Faith!



Has Christianity Failed You?