Sunday, April 27, 2014

God Is Present

Psalm 28:6-9 KJV
Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
The Lord is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Before I fully and genuinely accepted Christ in my life, I had dry spells. I felt alone without God and it was an awful feeling to have those “periods” that would go on for days, sometimes weeks. I longed for any semblance of God’s presence. After I became saved and to this present moment, I have not felt alone or lacking God’s presence. At times I wondered if He was hearing me or if He was fully there, but He’s there.
There are ebbs and flows within my spirit, but God is constant and He give’s me plenty of reminders that He’s actively present in all I do. Most of the time it’s me who keeps Him at any distance. Doubt casts a good hand as well. - JSS 

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?