Saturday, August 24, 2013

True Love

1 John 4:19 NKJV
We love Him because He first loved us.

I don’t know how to genuinely love without God.
I don’t know how to give tangible love without Jesus.
I don’t know how powerful love can be without the Holy Spirit.
True love doesn’t just change a life for the moment; it transforms countless lives far beyond the moment. - JSS

Luke 6:27-36 NKJV
“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL WORTH THE TIME & MUCH NEEDED JOE! THANK YOU FOR "TRUE LOVE"...YOU ARE RIGHT...WE NEVER REALLY KNOW OR UNDERSTAND LOVE UNTIL WE MEET AND COME TO KNOW OUR JESUS!

"WAITING AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS"...OVER THE YEARS JESUS HAS NOT ONLY USED RED LIGHTS, BUT TRAFFIC JAMS TO CAUSE ME TO DETOUR AND SAVED MY LIFE!

"GROW IN FAITH"....AMEN....IT IS A DAY TO DAY CHALLENGE...THE MORE FAITH WE HAVE IN JESUS AND THE MORE WE TRUST HIM REGARDLESS THE SITUATIONS....THE BRIGHTER, STRONGER, AND MORE AT PEACE IN THIS LIFE WE GET!

LOLOL....AND THANK YOU FOR THE HEEELARIOUS LAUGH WITH TIME HAWKINS "HAND RAISING"!!!


THANK YOU JOE...KEEP SHINING BRIGHT FOR OUR JESUS....YOUR BLOGS BLESS MY DAILY LIFE!!!

SHINEEEEEEEEEE ON.....ANONYMOUS

Joe Scot Schroeder said...

Faith,
First of all, thank you so much for your comments and your kind words! They are a blessing to me and encourage me to continue to post thoughts that are relevant to me and to my readers.
Secondly, I sometimes reread my posts and find strength and encouragement from them. They have been milestones that I like to go back to as I move forward in my faith. It helps explain why I consider it a journal rather than just a blog of random thoughts. I'm on a journey that invites others to come alongside me and experience God's wonderful love, grace and faithfulness.
Finally, I enjoy putting up videos that help us to laugh. Some of my posts can be pretty heavy at times so I try to use the videos to lighten up the site.
May God bless you and the work that you do for Him. Together, in Christ, may God honor our efforts as we seek to honor Him.
In His Peace,
Joe



Has Christianity Failed You?