Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Praying Three Times


Last week I read about Daniel praying three times a day with/to God. This action showed the closeness he had with God and his ability to call on God on a continuous basis. This prayer discipline prompted me to do the same. I decided last week to devote some time to prayer three times a day. A theme for the week would be chosen and prayed for starting every Sunday. I believe that by devoting such times toward prayer, God will honor my prayers and draw me to an ever-increasing realization that there are greater concerns/needs outside of my own. I began by praying for the unborn and by extending it over a week I began to get a deeper understanding of what to pray for. I wasn’t going to accept surface prayers or express “generalities of concern”. I’ve had to rely on the Holy Spirit to open my mind and heart to receive guidance in this.
This week the focus is our nation. The nation is going through a lot of changes and seems to be more unstable than ever. I pray that God will guide me to properly petition for the nation’s needs. A great nation needs and can only exist with a great God. May God honor all who come to Him humbly and with thanks-giving. - JSS

No comments:



Has Christianity Failed You?